Foreign Currency Exchange In India
Exchanging foreign currency in India can mean either ;
1. Converting Indian rupee to foreign currency (Buy foreign currency)
2. Converting foreign currency to Indian rupee (Sell foreign currency)
You can exchange foreign currency in India by approaching your bank or an RBI licensed money changer.
Each bank branch and money changer store would usually have their own exchange rate for buying and selling currencies.
If you want to find the forex centre near you offering the best exchange rate, you’d have to visit each bank and money changer store separately and ask for their rates.
With ExTravelMoney.com you don’t have to undergo so much inconvenience.
You can easily find the best money exchange in India through ExTravelMoney.com, India’s biggest forex marketplace. Compare online the exchange rates of foreign currencies by forex stores in your location and make an informed choice. Get guaranteed good deals as we provide the best rates on foreign exchange in India and book your order online. You can also request for door delivery or door pickup of foreign currency! The option of locking the exchange rate is also available. Exchange foreign currency in India online in a total hassle free easy process.
Procedure to exchange foreign currency in India
1. Compare exchange rates offered by RBI authorized money changers in your city.
2. Choose any money changer of your choice and place your order.
3. Lock the exchange rate by paying a small deposit (less than 2%) which will refunded after the transaction is completed.
4. Submit the required KYC documents online.
5. Walk in to the store and get the currency exchange. You can also avail door delivery. Please carry originals of the KYC documents for verification.
Documents required for money exchange in India
1. Indian Passport
2. Valid Visa
3. Confirmed Air Ticket (showing travel within 60 days)
4. PAN Card
5. Aadhar Card
6. Government issued photo id proof (voters id, driving licence etc.)